Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh - the Cuteness!

I have a sister who just had a baby, and another sister who's due at the end of May. They are having their combined baby shower this weekend, and I finished my gifts in time (yay me!). Of course, I was so excited I ran down to the post office with everything, then realized that I had forgotten to take photos. Luckily, my car was pretty clean, so I spread out the ensembles on the hood and took these photos before I sealed the box. I created quite a stir at our local post office, trying to find the right angle so the glare of the sun would not blind us all. People do love to look at cute baby things.
This set is for my brand new nephew, Mac.

And this set will be for my little niece, whenever she arrives.

The sweaters are the One-Piece Baby Kimono by Christine Shiffman (rav link) from Mason-Dixon Knitting (fabulous book). The hats are the from the pattern I use to make newborn hats to donate to our local hospital. It's a pretty simple pattern - if you need it, just let me know. The little socks were made from the leftover sweater yarn. The yarn is Cascade Cotton Rich DK - very soft in the finished product, but hard on the hands when knitting.

1 comment:

Marilyn in NM said...

These are just the cutest sets. I'm expecting a new great nephew in about 2 weeks and am starting the little kimono for him along with some booties. Thanks for sharing your projects, it's inspiring.
Marilyn in Aztec
knittinmar on Ravelry